Friday, December 16, 2011

Gossip » Brooke Burke Covers Fitness January 2012

Brooke Burke Covers Fitness January 2012 
Brooke Burke Covers Fitness January 2012


She's known for being in tip-top shape despite having given birth to four little ones, and Brooke Burke was aptly chosen to cover the January 2012 issue of Fitness magazine.

The "Dancing with the Stars" co-host posed for a tummy-revealing front page shot while chatting with the publication about her workout schedule and the importance of sleep.

Highlights from Miss Burke's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to visit Fitness!

On how often she works out:
"I try to get to a Pilates Plus class, which is an intense, fast-paced workout that's done on a special reformer machine, at least three times a week. I also go to the gym a couple of times. I do 15 minutes on the treadmill, walk­ing at a 3.5-mile-per-hour speed and a 15-grade incline, and then I do the 45-minute head-to-toe workout I designed with trainer Gregory Joujon-Roche for one of my new DVDs. I don't think you need more than an hour to do cardio and full-body toning. I don't have three hours a day to devote to my body, but I do have an hour five days a week."

On her diet secret:
"I don't ever skip meals. If you let yourself get too hungry, you'll start craving sugary, fatty foods, and you'll make bad choices."

On the trick to staying calm in the middle of the chaos:
"I wish I were always calm in the chaos. I have children with very strong personalities, and as elating as that is, it can also be deflating. There's a lot of action in my household, and sometimes I'm a referee all day long. Having a blended family is a challenge. Two of my children are with their father part of the week, so when they come home they want me all to themselves. Then my other two children, who have had me all to themselves, suddenly have to share me, and that can make them very needy. My business is crazy, too. There are so many moving parts to my life, nothing ever happens perfectly. I've learned to just roll with that."

On whether she gets enough sleep:
"No! My two youngest kids always end up in our bed in the middle of the night. I try to get six to eight hours a night, and one night a week I have to get a full eight hours. I think that sleep deprivation is a really bad thing for a woman, not only for her skin and eyes but also for her mood, memory, metabolism, energy, and sex drive. David and I have done "sleepcations," where we check into a hotel room simply to be alone and sleep."

Brooke Burke Covers Fitness January 2012 
Brooke Burke
Brooke Burke Covers Fitness January 2012 
Brooke Burke
Brooke Burke Covers Fitness January 2012 
Brooke Burke



Photo Credit: Fitness 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...