Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Gossip » Rooney Mara's Low-Key "Late Show" Visit

Rooney Mara's Low-Key 'Late Show' Visit 
Rooney Mara's Low-Key "Late Show" Visit


Fresh off of an overseas flight from Sweden, Rooney Mara made a low-key entrance into the Ed Sullivan Theatre in New York City on Wednesday afternoon (December 14).

The Lisabeth Salander actress was on-hand for an appearance on 'The Late Show with David Letterman' to promote her upcoming movie "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".

Of the film, Miss Mara recently spoke with Allure about the changes she's made (including a nipple piercing, shorter hair and new style preferences) due to the acclaimed role.

Dishing on her new body jewelry, Rooney confessed, "I thought, 'She has it in the book, and she should have it (in the movie). Because of all the tattoos and the makeup and the piercings, and the physical transformations my body has to go through, it would always feel sort of like I was in costume, even if I was naked. It just felt like a good one to get - a necessary one to get."

As for her chopped locks, the 26-year-old said, "People always ask, 'Were you crying when they cut your hair?' And it didn't freak me out at all. I was really happy to do it."

And, as for ditching her "girlish" wardrobe, Mara told, "I used to wear a lot of girlie, frilly things, now I buy things that are more comfortable, and more utilitarian, and sort of boyish."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...