Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Gossip » Rooney Mara Covers Allure January 2012

Rooney Mara Covers Allure January 2012 
Rooney Mara Covers Allure January 2012


Adding to her many magazine cover gigs to kick off the New Year, Rooney Mara dolls up the cover of the January 2012 issue Allure.

The Lisabeth Salander actress is clad in Vera Wang for the Michael Thompson shot spread lining the magazine's pages while talking about her upcoming film "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" in the accompanying interview.

Highlights from Miss Mara's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to visit Allure!

On shooting the much-awaited film "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo":
“Nudity is such a huge part of the character in the book, so I never thought twice about it. There was no time for hesitation. I didn’t have time to second-guess anything or be scared; I just showed up and was comfortable….People always ask, ‘Were you crying when they cut your hair?’ And it didn’t freak me out at all. I was really happy to do it.”

On her nipple piercing experience:
“I’m naked quite a lot in the movie, and I thought, she has it in the book, and she should have it [in the movie]. Because of all the tattoos and the makeup and the piercings, and the physical transformations my body has to go through, it would always feel sort of like I was in costume, even if I was naked. It just felt like a good one to get—a necessary one to get.”

On being different that her actress sister Kate Mara:
“We’re so different that there’s never been a competitiveness between us in work. She is probably much more likable than I am. She’s really outgoing and fun. I’m definitely more of the odd sister.”

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...